The group runs 2 different APRS Digipeater on 144.39 MHz.
“RITTMN” APRS Digipeater
- From Rittman Ohio with an alias of RITTMN under the callsign WW8TF-1. It’s currently running 5 watts into a 7dBi antenna at 125′ above ground based at 1150′ ASL for a total antenna height of 1275′ ASL. It provides very good coverage particularly to the south and southwest of Rittman.
- It’s based on a Kantronics KPC3 Plus running 9.1 firmware and an Yaesu FT-5200 transceiver.
- APRS.fi link for RITTMN here
“AKRON” APRS Digipeater
- From Akron Ohio with an alias of AKRON under the callsign WW8TF-2. It’s currently running about 20 watts into a 6dBi Diamond X200A antenna about 160′ above ground level based at 1150′ ASL, for an antenna height of 1310′ ASL. It fills in to allow handheld based APRS nodes to function in the downtown and Akron metro areas.
- The AKRON digi is running a Kantronics KAM+ with firmware 8.2 and a Motorola Radius GM300 transceiver.
- APRS.fi link for AKRON here